test

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What I DO Know!

I totally fell off of the bandwagon RIGHT after posting my "i've lost 8 lbs" thing a couple of weeks ago. I thought, "Well,  I have a whole week to lose 2 lbs and meet my goal" and then of course I slacked off, my weight went up, we partied too much, ate too many treats and didn't move enough and now i'm back up about 5 lbs from the 8.  I've lost my food journal too! This is a real problem… so I started using spark people yesterday (again) to start tracking my calorie intake and ran into the same problem (again) with having trouble tracking the foods that I cook from scratch. I rarely measure and even when I do it's like ok, this much in a whole recipe divided by how many servings and how much I ate? Oh.. and then I added a little extra? Well what's a serving of this thing I concocted? IDK.

What I do know is this-

*Fill half of my plate with veggies
*Eat plenty of fresh fruits
*Eat lean proteins
*Drink lots of water
*Fit in plant based protein
*Eat fresh fruits every day
*Eat a rainbow
*Eat healthy fats… but not too much,  this one is hard for me...
*Check packaging for portion size
*No seconds
*Slow down on eating
*Move your butt
*Chew more slowly
*Eat whole grains
* Build muscle

 I made whole wheat bread sunday to help us get in our whole grains and extra fiber, I think it's been a little rough on Rowan's tummy even though he loves it. That boy is never regular lol. I still usually start my day's out healthy, like my yummy Blueberry Veggie smoothie I posted a few days ago. And tonight and last night I cooked a healthy dinner that was on the weekly menu. Well, last night I did! Tonight I found that I hadn't gotten to my cabbage fast enough! It had little black moldy spots!!! EW. So I cut them off and realized I didn't have enough good parts left to make what i'd intended. So I improvised and we had black bean and coleslaw taco's.  They were DELISH. Really. I wish i'd taken a pic! I'll  try to remember to tomorrow when I have leftovers.

Yummy Clean Coleslaw and Black Bean Taco's 

Coleslaw
1 Small or 1/2 Large Cabbage- shredded
2 shredded carrots
1/4 red onion
1/2 Cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 Cup plain greek yogurt
2 TBS Honey

Grate cabbage and carrots, or chop finely, chop onion finely, stir in remaining ingredients. Chill.



Black Beans
2 Cans Black Beans
1 Tbs Lime juice
Dash Salt
Dash Pepper
6 Cilantro leaves
2 Tbs Salsa
1 t. Cumin
dash cinnamon

Drain and rinse black beans (if using canned beans) Stir together and heat over stove.

Warm corn tortilla's in frying pan with a little bit of oil.

Build taco's on a corn tortilla-  Black Beans, Coleslaw, cheese, (optional), salsa, avocado, cilantro, lime! YUM.

Anyway. I did Zumba this morning. It was embarrassing for all of us. (The TV, Couch, various decor items and area rug were all embarrassed by how difficult it was because i'm so out of shape.) But  I did it. And then I meditated for a while, did a belly wrap ( which did nothing for my belly) and drank LOTS of water. Then tonight after dinner Danny and I took bubba for a little walk. It was a decent day.

Oh, in an effort to slow down my meals a little bit and to keep Rowan interested in his own so I don't feel so rushed i've started playing music while we eat lunch together. I love how he can't help but move to the rhythm and I try to share different styles of music with him. It's exciting to see how happy he is when he hears music.


No comments:

Post a Comment