test

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Avocado Smoothie

Yesterday went well. I stayed within my calorie zone, and I experimented on a few new recipe's I mentioned in my last post.  I'm eating lots of avocado lately, probably more than I should. I got a big bag of them at Costco and all of the sudden they're all ripe so I have to eat them! NOW! Haha, so I thought i'd share my meals with you from yesterday.

Breakfast: 2 Scrambled eggs and fruit

Snack: I didn't have one… I wasn't hungry lol

Lunch: Light creamy swiss, sliced avocado and
salt and pepper on whole wheat toast, Steamed broccoli, and fruit.  Doesn't it look delicious? IT  WAS.

Snack: Avocado smoothie! I'm so excited this turned out so yummy. My avocado was perfectly ripe too, I think that helped. I looked around at a few recipes and came up with my own concoction. It could have been a teensy bit sweeter, you can add some honey or agave if you want.  I chose not to.  I'm not just saying it was good. It really was. It was so fluffy and rich. -1/2 Avocado, -1 Frozen Banana, -2 T cocoa ( I have the cheap kind, if you have hershey special dark or a better quality cocoa you may want to try just one Tbs.)  -1 tsp Vanilla, -1/2 C. Almond Milk, -1 Tbs. Almond butter, ice                    
Dinner: Crock pot teriyaki chicken over quinoa, I know I got this idea from pinterest… but I can't find a link for you or anything, and I didn't really follow the recipe. It has pineapple, carrots, chicken and broccoli. For seasoning I used garlic, ginger, lemon, rice vinegar, soy sauce, salt and pepper. 

Then last night I put together some overnight oats, peanut butter cookie flavored, they were a lot better than my previous tries at overnight oats.  Here's the link


Oh, and they were only 300 cal, and I have been full enough to not need a snack before lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment