test

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Intimacy=Shoes?



Ok, it's about time I get up on my soap box and have a little rant.  I just need to get it out of my system!




 Now that i'm up on my soap box lets go.


There's this kid at work who likes to push my buttons.  He's always trying to convince me of things.... I'm not sure if he actually believes what he's trying to convince me of or if he just enjoys some argumentative discussion.  One way or another... I can't remember how or in what context but he found out that  I didn't give away the cookie before marriage.
As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) we believe that intimacy- using the powers of procreation; is reserved for men and women bound in marriage.  Thus, I kept my cookies in the jar! Anyway, after he found that out he shook his head and said "Megan Megan Megan, how can you do that? It's like buying shoes, you gotta try em on before you buy em. How will you know what you like? What if you don't like them and you can't do anything about it?"

  Now, this isn't the first time I have heard the Sex is like Shoes thing. I think its crap people. IF I were to reduce something as sacred, intimate, holy and private as sexual intimacy to something as gross, plain, useful but as ordinary, as trying on a pairs of shoes until you find the perfect fit, the analogy still wouldn't work in my mind.  Here's why.



                          
Here is the pair of shoes I didn't want to be.  If every person that came along tried on these shoes, even for a night how would they look? Feel? Smell? How many disgusting unknown fungus's would they have from any given wearer?  So, IF i were to reduce intimacy to something as casual as trying on sneakers I wouldn't want to be or have these ones! I'd want something like this....
 
Converse Chuck Taylor Allstar - Monochrome - White Leather
Brand new, sparkling white, strait out of the box, crisp clean, new sneakers.  As I said, I think this analogy is stupid.  But, if you're going to play it like that... here's an image for you.  I wanted to give my sweetheart brand new, crisp, clean sneakers.

Stepping down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment